Herald Journals (HJ) may grant waivers to some authors who are unable to afford manuscript handling fee. Authors who wish to apply for waivers must demonstrate their inability to afford the manuscript handling fee.
Upon application, corresponding authors from Low Income Countries may be granted up to 65% waiver. See World Bank list of Low Income Countries.
Upon application, corresponding authors from Lower Middle Income Countries may be granted up to 25% waiver. See World Bank list of Low Middle Income Countries.
Corresponding authors requesting for these waivers must strongly demonstrate why their waiver applications should be granted. Authors who are eligible for waivers should apply immediately after the submission of their manuscripts.
Request for a waiver must be sent to the Accounts Unit same day a manuscript is submitted.
Please send your application for waiver to .
Waiver Application Process
· Author(s) requesting for a waiver must strongly demonstrate why their waiver applications should be granted.
· Request for a waiver must be sent same day a manuscript is submitted.
· Waiver request should contain the following information
· Manuscript number
· Manuscript title
· Corresponding Author Affiliation and Country
· List co-author(s) Affiliation(s) and Country
· Reason for requesting a waiver
HJ reserve the right to approve or reject a waiver application. Waiver decision will be communicated to the corresponding author within two weeks after the application is received.
- Quick Links
- Track Manuscript
- Become a Reviewer
- Become an Editor
- Abstract and Indexing
- Waiver Policy
- Processing Fees
- Open Archives Initiatives
- Open Access Policies
- Editorial Policy
- Conflict of Interest